[Diy_efi] 2.0 diss module with the 1227749

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 14 14:32:50 GMT 2002

--- Djfreggens at aol.com wrote:

> as the diameter of the wheel decreases
> the speed of the trigger
> will go down at the outer most edge. even if the
> wheel were the right pattern
> this change in speed could drive the module nuts.
> think about it now the
> wheel is going solwer with a smaller trigger area.

You're confusing absolute velocity with angular
velocity.

If you drew lines from the center of the trigger wheel
to each edge of the triggering projection, and as you
reduced the diameter of the wheel, you ground the
projection narrower to we the width of those two lines
when you reached your desired diameter, it would
appear identical to a sensor.  The linear speed of the
projection would DECREASE, as the rotor circumference
was smaller, but with the narrower projection, it
would "dwell" in front of the sensor for the exact
same amount of time at a given rpm.

In fact, this same principle will allow you to produce
a global advance or retard (depending on whether the
spark is triggered off the leading or trailing edge of
the trigger, if a Hall-effect sensor) by simply
removing material from the leading or trailing edge of
the projection.  I have done this many time on CDI
ignition trigger rotors for motorcycles.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |