[Diy_efi] Typical boosted ignition timings

Marc Reviel marc at powerlogix.com
Tue Apr 1 04:20:43 GMT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "mrbeau0" <mrbeau0 at yahoo.com>
To: "List for general do-it-yourself EFI talk" <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Cc: <marc at powerlogix.com>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 10:03 PM
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] Typical boosted ignition timings

> A bit late to the thread, but what sort of EGT did you measure (if you
were
> measuring that is)?  12 degrees at 1.25 bar with only 0.85 Lamda sounds
like
> exhaust valve melt-down territory...  And with an air cooled engine, the
> heat build-up can lead to pre-ignition a bit more easily than water
pumpers.
> What sort of CR?
>
> This is all by-the-cuff though as I haven't had the pleasure of playing
with
> a turbo 911 (yet).  I'm going the high CR/RPM route myself with my '73.
>
> Matt.

CR is 7.5:1 - Mahle piston/cyclinders.  No EGT at the moment - I am planning
on getting EGT sensors asap before going any further.  (Btw, anyone know of
inexpensive sources for these (and the signal conditioning circuitry)? )
Since I have it twin-plugged, this seems to be critical for getting the
maximum burn rate for this late of timing,  The EGT's will confirm.  Sure
wish I had more timing data from others out there to compare to (similar
type engines).

Marc J. Reviel
Director of Engineering
PowerLogix