[Diy_efi] Re: unequal inlet flows

fuelogic at ihug.com.au fuelogic at ihug.com.au
Wed Apr 2 11:44:03 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I recall a bit of talk a few weeks back about gas momentum in plenum chambers
favoring the inlet ports furthest from the throttle. This makes sense to me,
along with the concept of different runners having different coefficients of
restriction (sorry..a while since I did fluid mechanics :))

My question is, if u had a correction coefficient for each intake runner, how
would you weight it? I am assuming something like

runner applied k = k * (airflow/max airflow) ^ some number.

Anyone done any work around this? I figure it could be a very worthwhile
approach if you have one cylinder running too rich at say 12:1 and another
pinging at 13.5:1.

Thanks...Matt