[Diy_efi] Some fuel/CNG injector data for yahs

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 3 11:33:44 GMT 2003

Hi Chaps,

Just got some injector data for my GMH, VL Turbo Calais
1986 with Nissan 3L RB30 motor with T3 Garrett. The
data for the standard VL is also shown below for comaprison,
the VLT delivers 150Kw fly at 7.5psi boost whilst the
standard VL naturally aspirated develops approx 120Kw.
Last in the list is another type which I am considering
upgrading to when I get an uprated head and larger turbo...

Bosch          Vehicle  Injector  Flow    Design Operating
Part Number     Type    Body      gms/min Type   Pressure   Ohms

0 280 150 135   VL       Tan      147.4   EV 1    3.0 b     2.4
0 280 150 166   VLT      Brown    185.7   EV 1    3.0 b     2.4
0 280 150 036   ?        ?        364.3   EV 1    2.0 b     2.4

Pressure in bar, but strangely the largest injector operates
at lower pressure, all three above are possibly available from
Coventries in Perth, Western Australia. Anyone care to guess
what that last one above might flow at 3.0 bar ?

For the CNG guys they also show this beast, I wonder about
the comparative flow as its a gas model and noted not to run
liquid - so how do they rate it in gms/min so large at low
pressure I have no idea ?

Bosch          Vehicle  Injector  Flow    Design Operating
Part Number     Type    Body      gms/min Type   Pressure   Ohms

0 280 150 842    ?       ?       1207.2   EV 1    1.0 b     4.6

Rgds ~`:o

Mike Massen
Network Power Systems
Mb +61 (0) 438 048961