[Diy_efi] What Injector Is This?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 3 11:35:41 GMT 2003

Its very similar, the bosch element in mine is not
that small - looks like the wire length is some 60mm
arranged in a loop.

I dont think its a design issue (read flaw) wich means
the Bosch 'needs' a large clean current as might be
implied. Bosch seem to go to some trouble with
issues like cal and an automatic clean as such is
bound to be more reliable than relying on people to
do it - which I still find perplexing.

Have you ever looked into the throat of one of these
ford MAFs and watched if it does or doesnt apply a
current pulse - maybe it does but its not enough to
make the wire glow.

Yes, I would like to see a schema of the ford MAF,
the 'clean' may well be supplied by the ecu and not
be inherent in the MAF as it is for bosch, as far
as I can determine from all I've read on these
issues - some sort of 'clean' burn is very helpful...

rgds

mike