[Diy_efi] Need Help With Holley Pro-Jection

Ray Drouillard RayLists at quixnet.net
Wed Apr 9 05:06:55 GMT 2003

[coming briefly out of lurk mode]

I put pro-jection 4Di on my 1989 Jeep Wagoneer w/ 360 V8 (almost the same as
your 304)

I'm going to send a large text file to you off-list.  You might be able to
glean something from that.

Meanwhile, I have an idea of where you can look.

I assume that by "turn over", you mean that the engine won't run.

Here's what to expect from a properly installed system:

As soon as you turn on the ignition (send power to the spark system), the
injectors will buzz briefly.  If you have the air cleaner off and are
looking at it, you'll see the gasoline spray into the throttle body.  If
this isn't happening, make sure your ECU is powered up, your new
high-pressure fuel pump is working, your filters are unclogged, and all
plumbing is correct.

When the engine is turning over (when the starter motor is running), a burst
of fuel is given for each spark.  If you pass the first test, but are
getting no fuel after that, it is very likely that ignition sensor on your
ECU harness isn't connected correctly.  If the ECU sees no spark, it will
inject no fuel.  Aside from being part of the metering system, it is also a
safety feature.

There are other possibilities.  For instance, it's very difficult to make
the engine do more than cough and gag if the MAP sensor is defective.

The engine will run in open loop if the O2 sensor is defective.  It will run
just fine if the TPS is defective (though it'll probably stumble at times --
I never tried driving it that way).

By the way, if anyone wants the text file, or if the group wants me to post
it, I can do that.

Ray Drouillard