[Diy_efi] Re: temp sensor on air cooled

fuelogic at ihug.com.au fuelogic at ihug.com.au
Wed Apr 9 11:10:06 GMT 2003

Hi all,

With regard to the temp sensing or air cooled engines...is anyone here running
efi on a VW?? Where have you got your sensor? I put mine on the crank case
where the fuel pump used to be...but I think it takes too long to heat up.
What sort of temp is expected at the head of a VW 1600?

Also...to the guy with the fuel pump drama...I had this problem a while back
when I added a fuel pump to an originally carburetted vehicle. It was a
nightmare until I used a 3/4 inch tank to pump hose. The pickup in the tank
might need modifying to these dimensions too...roller cell fuel pumps really
hate to suck :)

Matt