[Diy_efi] Saturated Injector Delay

jack albert nitrion2 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 16:07:42 GMT 2003

I am interested in calculating the amount of fuel used
per injection pulse. While I found some information on
Peak and Hold injectors (contact me if you are
interested in links) I have not found much information
about the turn on and turn off delays of saturated
types or the deviation of fuel flow while turning on
or off. I am using 19lb injectors on a 1990 Ford. I am
simply wondering if anyone happens to have any
information or links they could provide me with. I
believe any specs on any saturated type injector I
think will be close enough.

So far the only info I found was from a generic graph
printed in SAE J1832 which I copied below. From what I
can tell, it takes about 2mS to fully open from the
start of the injector signal, and 1mS to fully close
from the end of the pulse. Therefore subtracting 1mS
from each pulsewidth would be the actual time the
injector is flowing.

Any information is appreciated!

http://users.wpi.edu/~dohan/fuelflow/SAEJ1832delays.jpg