[Diy_efi] New List Subscriber with Vague questions

Jeremy MacLennan jeremy_maclennan at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 20:25:13 GMT 2003

Hi everyone,

I'm gearing up to do a small block chevy V8 motor swap into my car, and I
have been thinking about fuel delivery options.   Initially, I thought I
would use a carb, due to simplicity, low cost, and high performance
potential.  However, EFI is much more attractive from a drivability and
tuning perspective, theoretically at least.   It seems to me, and I am very
green with this, that using a stock TPI, or TBI setup is highly expensive
and difficult for a non-stock motor.  Am I way off here?   What is the most
cost effective EFI set up I could put together that would make some decent
power?    I don't need to make things emmissions legal on this vehicle.
Any comments much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy