[Diy_efi] Smog pump and emissions testing question...

Eck, Joel (Houston) Joel.Eck at hp.com
Tue Apr 29 16:31:38 GMT 2003

When I had my honda tested here in TX, they pulled that early shifting =
crap, too. And mine failed (partly) due to that, too. Almost seems like =
they drive it that way on purpose, just to see how dirty it will run in =
the worst possible situation.

personally, I think they ought to let _you_ drive the car during the =
emissions test, and have _you_ drive the way _you_ normally drive it , =
that would reveal how your car runs and emits when _you_ drive it. most =
people aren't shifting into 4th gear at 27 mph... yes, that's how early =
the guy shifted when he tested my car. He stalled it a couple of times, =
too.