[Diy_efi] Dimensions for TBI adapter

william.graves at gm.com william.graves at gm.com
Fri Dec 5 15:28:37 GMT 2003

Jim,

If you fab an adapter for a 4 barrel manifold it would be best to have a
Dyno to get the placement correct for best torque in relationship to the
front and rear barrels.   When I was on the GM Marine project they did a
few versions of the adapters in development.  The people told me that it
made a difference.

Another outside source told me that intakes in development for the TBI
didn't really yield any gains vs the 4 barrel with the "Baby Foot" adapter
GM has.

Good Luck.   TBI steers the fuel.   (I personally used the Holley 4 bbl TBI
with and without the AIR distribution ring.  It was ok with the Air
distribution ring up until 5000 RPM.  At that point most of the fuel went
into the 4 center cylinders leaning out the end cyls.)

Bill

                      "Jim Kyser"
                      <jimkyser at ieee.or        To:       "diy_efi at diy-efi.org" <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
                      g>                       cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [Diy_efi] Dimensions for TBI adapter
                      diy_efi-bounces at d
                      iy-efi.org

                      12/04/03 10:06 PM
                      Please respond to
                      jimkyser; Please
                      respond to A list
                      for
                      Do-It-Yourself
                      EFI

All,

I know there is a CAD drawing of the mount for a Rochester TBI unit on the
ftp site, but it hasn't been completely restored yet. Does anyone have a
local copy of this drawing they could send me. Even better, does someone
have a drawing for a complete 4 barrel to TBI adapter? I have a
brother-in-law who's a machinist and wants to make some extra cash working
from his garage on the side. This should be an easy enough fab job for the
equipment he has.

Thanks!

Jim Kyser