[Diy_efi] Fuel Tank Modifications

clair.davis at charter.net clair.davis at charter.net
Mon Dec 29 05:18:14 GMT 2003

Sort of a simple question, but what modifications will I need to make to my
fuel tank prior to installing my EFI kit?  The car in question is a 69
Plymouth Valiant, and in particular, I'm wondering if I'll really need any
sort of baffles in the tank to keep fuel around the pump pickup?  The pump
will be external, using the stock pickup and sending unit.  The return line
will be plumbed in to the pickup mounting flange.  Where can I find some
guidance on how/where to install these baffles, and whether or not they're
really necessary?  I will be autocrossing this car, so high lateral g's will
be experienced from time to time.  For the races, I plan to keep the tank
full, but I can safely say there will be times in "real life" where I take a
corner and the tank isn't going to be full.  Any advice or links
appreciated.
Clair
69 Valiant with 7730/MPI pending
Fort Worth, TX