[Diy_efi] MGB EFI

Tyler Madia tmadia at uswest.net
Sat Feb 8 17:20:53 GMT 2003

That's a very good question and one I, and most people with older cars,
struggle with.  To upgrade the engine or not.  What I generally like is the
styling, simplicity, and cost of the MGs but the powertrain is terribly
inadequate by todays standards.  As much fun as the twin SUs are to tinker
with on the weekends, the wife hates the manual choke and other assorted
quirks of the carbs.  I'm not looking to make a corvette beater or anything
but it would be nice to get in turn the key and go like a modern car.  The
mileage benefits and engine longevity are also attractive.  Of course I just
can't leave anything well enough alone either....

Yeah, a nice rover V8 does very nicely in an MGB.  It even weight 14 pounds
less than the 4 cylinder, but alas I don't have $7500 sitting around burning
a hole in my pocket ;-)

Tyler