[Diy_efi] J1850 PWM Info Request

Rick Richard saba_apollo at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 10 06:22:03 GMT 2003

I don't understand what the deal is.  I asked, I did not demand.
I thought the purpose of a mailing list like this was to share information
and resources.  Perhaps you think it is presumptious of me to assume that
someone here has this information?  I don't think so, because I've read
archives of this list where people mention owning the SAE book with the
protocol information in it.

I don't understand the relevance of "having a real job."  If you have the
book, but don't have the time to share the info from it, then I understand.
If someone has this info and is willing to share it, however, I'd rather do
it that way than needlessly spend $80+ on a book that I would rather not
buy.

All I want to do is make an open source PIC program to convert the J1850 PWM
to a serial interface for use with one of the many scantool software
packages out there.  VPW Is very well documented but few people seem to care
about the ford PWM and the DIY kits that are out there for it are
closed-source.