[Diy_efi] J1850 PWM Info Request

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 10 06:36:31 GMT 2003

--- Rick Richard <saba_apollo at hotmail.com> wrote:

> If someone has this info and is willing to share it,
> however, I'd rather do it that way than needlessly
> spend $80+ on a book that I would rather not buy.

I don't follow you here.  You're not buying paper and
ink with a book; you're buying information.

You want the information.  If the information costs
$80, you ask yourself if it is worth $80 to you or
not.  If it's not, or if you can't afford $80, then
you have to come up with an alternate method of
obtaining the information (if it is).

You can choose to learn enough to have written the
book yourself, or you can ask someone who knows and
will share, or you can break the law by violating
copyright laws.

There are a variety of choice, with a variety of
possible consequences and ethical issues.

Frankly, if the market won't bear the cost of the
book, then the market will find ways to do without it,
in most cases.

I don't understand the idea of expecting things for
free.  How do you think the people who discovered the
principles and details of operation of the technology
we use today would have survived to create it unless
someone compensated them for doing the work?

I don't rue someone asking for answers or ideas (I do
it myself all the time).  However, if the answers you
want are contained in a book, and you ask very frankly
for the answers for free, but disparage spending money
on the book, that says more about your expectations
than about what the information is worth to you.

> few people seem to care about the ford PWM and the
> DIY kits that are out there for it are
closed-source.

Presumably, they worked hard to create the product,
and with a limited market, they're not going to give
away their sales.  I don't blame them much, either.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |