[Diy_efi] Spark timing above 1 bar

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Wed Feb 12 03:40:34 GMT 2003

Sounds straightforward enough.  Study the EST circuit so you understand
how it works.  There are some diagrams on the ftp site that show the
timing of the various signals.  Search for "DIS" .  You need to delay in
degrees, though, not ms, so your circuit will have to measure  rpm,
convert your desired degrees of retard into time, and apply it.  sounds
like a good job for a PIC.

--steve

pr asdf wrote:

> I have a '94 corvette with an lt1 engine I am planning on turboing.  The
> only problem is that I cannot use a higher than 1 bar map sensor, or the
> computer thinks it is at a high altitude on start up, so i was wondering if
> anyone knew of a way to use a simple microcontroller with a look up table
> hooked up to a 3 bar map sensor and the crank angle sensor to delay the
> spark timing above 1 bar, by delaying the signal sent to the coil by a
> certain number of milli seconds to create a spark retard.  I would like to
> retain the use of the stock computers timing tables below 1 bar, and just be
> able to delay it in the high boost regions.  Does any one have any ideas or
> suggestions?  thanks
>
> Judson Hartley

Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com