[Diy_efi] Intake manifold flow testing

Derek derek_obanion at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 02:54:38 GMT 2003

Something else to mention about intake manifolds. When I swapped my stock intake
manifold on my 94 Supra for one that had been extrude honed, internally ported,
with a higher top welded on (more volume), it made a DRASTIC change in the VE of
my motor at lower RPMs. Specifically, it gave the car a HUGE boost centered
around 2800RPM. The top end wasn't effected much, but it certainly has a lot
more guts from cruise than it did before. This can be seen in how I have had to
map the speed density VE chart on my EMS.