[Diy_efi] A 2N2222A can handle up to 50mA

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Tue Feb 18 02:50:06 GMT 2003

Bevan,

"only 8", who wants to drive 8 of these off a single port? If it
concerns you, drive them off another transistor with a pullup.

This discussion has gotten way away from the original application: driving
a relay.

The chip driving the transistor can put out 20-25ma of drive current (LM339),
so there is no issue with a standard 2N2222, much less the darlington.

The darlington suggestion was due to a single device driven off an MCU.

Of course all applications will vary depending on the MCU or other driver.

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin