[Diy_efi] schematic critique

Bill Washington bill.washington at nec.com.au
Tue Feb 18 23:00:22 GMT 2003

--===============83946413929343544==

--------------070602010301030101090106

J,
    Perhaps my suggestions weren't very clear, so I'll try to clarify:

1. The diode you have added is connected back to front. (Diode =>  ANODE
-|>|- CATHODE)
2. the Collector of the transistor should go to +8 or +12 V supply
depending on the relay's coil voltage, not to the + input of the Opamp!
3. change R5 to 1k Ohm
4. delete C3, Opamp inputs must not be capacitively coupled,
5. With the above changes, the circuit will work opposite to description
IE #1>~#2 => #3 = 8V..... #1<~#2 => #3 = 0V
6. R3 adds hysteresis, therefore the switching point will not be when #1=#2.
7. Delete R4, it serves no purpose.

If #2 is directly connected to U1 pin 4, #3 will switch to 8V when #1
rises above 3.232Vand remain there until #1 drops below 3.152V, at which
time #3 will switch back to 0V.

I hope this helps.
Regards
Bill