[Diy_efi] Re: Wire up of BMW M3 coils...?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 19 03:56:17 GMT 2003

Hi Gerard,

Not sure why you are emailling me, we have a list so people can
respond if they want to, I think you misunderstood - I *dont*
have am M3. I am on 9 tech lists and a few social ones and keep
things fairly well filtered so I am up to my ears in emails...

It also seems you've answered some of your own questions in your
speculations and you seem to know what to do to set one up on a
bench and see if it fires. So go ahead and fire something up
and if it works fine if not then ask the list. Also I'm not
sure what you are trying to achieve, to learn about M3 coils ?
then go see BMW or experiment - I really dont see how I can
help you when the list - that has more intellectual muscle
then me - has more experience in identifying components
from other vehicles - I dont have an M3 and there are bound
to be a large number of varitions in ignition systems design.

If it was me, I'd construct a bench setup and experiment
to get a spark after either asking BMW for a schema and/or
going to the local reference library for a workshop manual
extract.

rgds

mike