[Diy_efi] schematic critique

Toyota Supra turbosupramk3 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 19 04:20:48 GMT 2003

hi bill!

ok, i deleted R4 and C3, i ran the collector of the transistor to 12vDC, (i
don't know if it'll require the 8v or the 12v, but i chose 12v because it
will be driving a 30amp bosch automotive relay, hopefully that was the right
decision) . i changed R5 to 1k

now, here is where i am not sure i understand, i have D1 and D2, one allows
negative to flow to positive, and the other, positive to flow to negative.
i'm not sure which type of kickback the relay will have, but they are on the
positive side of the coil? i am guessing i only need 1 diode instead of two,
but let me know.

i also have two renditions, links seen here

with the 47k potentiometer
http://68.7.7.84:8080/schematics/schematic4.jpg
http://68.7.7.84:8080/schematics/schematic4.psd

without the 47k potentiometer
http://68.7.7.84:8080/schematics/schematic5.jpg
http://68.7.7.84:8080/schematics/schematic5.psd

it sounds to me, as if you would like me to stick with the "schematic5"
rendition, but i wanted to put up both options and get your opinion for
sure, number 4 might be used to take a voltage signal and drop it to the
desired 3.2vDC reference signal???? .... thanks soooo much for the guidance
throughout this

-j