[Diy_efi] traction control & nitrous (devlish combo?)

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Wed Feb 26 07:24:23 GMT 2003

Scott,

Seems to me that you are going at a problem in a backwards way.

I would assume that the TCS is required even for non-nitrous operation?

If the engine has enough power to break the tires loose without
nitrous, then adding nitrous is a waste.

Does the Racelogic system have a "staged" configuration option?

I'd assume that anything you pay lots of money for would have
a strategy that takes into account power adders.  Boost would be
one adder, N20 another, etc.

I would expect the unit to have an enable line that could be tied
to the nitrous arm.  This way if you are torching the tires, it'll
cut nitrous first, then proceed to kill injectors if that doesn't
work.

BTW, is the car you plan on using it on AWD?  If you had a WRC,
conventional TCS would be useless since all tires are peeling out
at the same speed, you need differential input to make TCS work.
GPS or accelerometers are the only other source that could think
of.

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin