[Diy_efi] traction control & nitrous (devlish combo?)

Axel Rietschin axel_rietschin at compuserve.com
Thu Feb 27 16:16:28 GMT 2003

People running million dollar cars (the message said WRC) probably won't use
refurbished guns but for DiYers your suggestion is certainly worth a serious
look, provided those guns can run continously and that you can extract some
meanigful signal somewhere. OTOH the DRS-1000 is kind of plug and play, you
get a nice 0-5V square wave differential output, and is also
water-resistant, vibration-resistant, can survive a lot of Gs (some people
use them for vehicle crash-test analysis), has a suitable operating
temperature range etc etc etc, not to mention it is race-proven at the
highest level of motorsport.

Beside that it works in the Ka band at 35.5GHz, don't know what are the
licensing issues, but should we really care anyway?

--Axel