[Diy_efi] This turbo assist stuff, suggestions

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 1 09:31:44 GMT 2003

At 07:02 PM 1/1/03 +1300, you wrote:
>Ceramic wheels in the Garrett GTs? Maybe in some factory applications yes
>(GTS25T etc) but the aftermarket stuff we use is all steel.
>Ceramic tends to fall off with as little as 14psi on GTSTs etc (I quote the
>boost pressure as the shaft speed I've not yet measured)
>Looking at just over $1k us each.. Not too bad really.
>
>You running a RB30ET Mike?

Yeah - upped to only 10.5psi on PULP as I dont have an IC yet, though
I have that oil catch can (condensator), resistance/inductance tuned
spark leads and bosch 4-point plugs. Seems to goh rather well! ;-)
and of course those twin tyres all round, 125/85VR16 on front and
129/90VR16 on rear, minor rear lift to RHS suspension, camber/castor
adjusters on front, adjustable panhard rod on rear and I have the
inner 4-tyres set about 8psi more then the outer 4 - makes for
predictable cornering as I get more warning before they 'let go'...

rgds

mike