[Diy_efi] This turbo assist stuff, suggestions

Mike Schwall mschwall at cox.net
Thu Jan 2 04:25:41 GMT 2003

Correct, the materials are applied using plasma spray process.  Though
I've heard of it used in power generation turbines, not sure exactly
what coating materials are used in the military and high output
commercial engines.  The PW4056 is one of the available engines used in
the 747 (thrust depends on 747 series).  The PW4056 is a 56,000lb thrust
model with 94" diameter fan.

Guess I should introduce myself since I'm new here.  I work for Veridian
Engineering.  My main function is to provide support for our robots that
are used to perform eddy current inspection of military jet engine
parts.  Our robots are used around the globe with foreign military
forces as well as jet engine part manufacturers.  My work is mostly on a
US AFB, but have done support for Pratt & Whitney, Techspace Aero in
Belgium, and two foreign military forces.  I have a good electronics
background and currently supplementing my education with a degree in
Mechanical Engineering and later Aerospace Engineering.

Mike