[Diy_efi] Water metanol turbo assist - was Argon turbo

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 22:04:24 GMT 2003

--- arnie <arnie_ at charter.net> wrote:

> Ya, I understand what fuel is.  But 50% is not fuel.
>  Correct?

I'm not sure how all this got so confused.

Some people are talking about injecting water before
the exhaust housing.  Some after.  Some before the
compressor housing, some after.  Some people are
cross-arguing and making no sense.

The math above is very wrong.

It was suggested that water be added in an amount up
to 50% of fuel volume.

Regular pump gas has a density of about .80 g/ml at
room temp.
Air at room temperature has a density of 0.0012 g/ml
at room temp.
Water has a density of right around 1 g/ml at room
temp, depending on how pure it is.

So at stoich, let's say you ingest 1 g of fuel in a
certain period of time.  That fuel takes up 1.25 ml.
The air needed for 14.7:1 mass would be 14.7 g, or
12.25 LITERS.  The amount of water needed to equal 50%
volume of the fuel would be 0.625 ml

Doesn't seem like a very great deal of water to me.
Especially compared to the volume of air being moved.

Maybe someone else can see something I'm missing.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |