[Diy_efi] Water metanol turbo assist

arnie arnie_ at charter.net
Sun Jan 5 03:44:44 GMT 2003

> Any more than that will just decrease output and hurt efficiency
> no danger of hurting the engine.

Greg, I agree from THAT perspective.  Proper hone is critical, not just
for ring sealing, but for piston lubrication.  The medium used/needed
for this sealing/lubrication is the oil.  If enuf water is injected into the
combustion process, this can have a negative affect on the amount of
oil the hone 'plateau' in the cylinder will retain/hold.  This is my major
concern.  I do not know how many hours of run time WW2 engines
logged between overhauls, but ? I have is, over a year or two period,
(10,000-25000 mi.) how much additional wear will an automotive
engine show that ordinarily would not be there?  Certainly the amount
of miles mentioned, would not be considered anywhere near the life
of an average engine today.  I could/should have said 40, 50, or
whatever, you get the idea.  Without someone/anyone having actually
run with 50% (or more) H2O concentration, and documented wear
in that period of time/mileage, it won't be me saying it is safe to do so.
To the contrary, I'll figure on unusual wear til proven otherwise.

GAS