[Diy_efi] Water metanol turbo assist

arnie arnie_ at charter.net
Sun Jan 5 15:24:20 GMT 2003

> This is true.  I somehow doubt that very much of the water used
> in water injection at even 70% of fuel volume gets into the oil pan,
> especially (if it) is properly atomized in the intake.

When 30% of the oil pan contents (by weight) is water, that 'red flag'
had better be waivin'.  Adam, I agree the ring material, honing techniques,
the oil composition itself, and thus, sealing efficiency of today is
superior
to the WW2 era, so it is likely that quantity of water found in the pan will
be less.  However, I fail to see how the actual amount of cylinder wall
washing (or the ability of the water to 'scrub' the walls) will change much,
given the superior oil of today.

It strikes me odd, (actually I find it somewhat amusing) that with the
amount of emphasis placed on documenting the performance merits
of WI observed in the testing, in that (NACA) report, there was a
conspicuous lack of attention/concern  given to the water dilution in
the oil.  It would appear to me, that objectives had been set, and the
'correct' conclusions were to be achieved, come hell or high water.  :)

Btw, Adam ?, ah, actually I don't subscribe to the 'kinder gentler'
America theme.   :)   :D

GAS