[Diy_efi] Turbine inlet & outlet pressures, housing A/Rs

Grant Beaty gbeaty at ufl.edu
Tue Jan 7 08:12:31 GMT 2003

> Absolute pressure ratio, all the way.

As in 1 psi of backpressure will produce 2 psi more TIP if the pressure
ratio is 2:1? If thats the case, I gotta do something about this 2 psi of
TOP...

Or do you mean the pressure ratio influences the effeciency of the turbine?
I've never been able to find any info of turbine sizing, but I'd ASSume they
are quite similar to compressors.

> >How about exhaust housing a/rs. Will a larger a/r always produce a lower
> >TIP,
>
> Sure should.
>
> Greg

Interesting. The .81 a/r housing I had lagged about 300 rpms more than the
.70 housing, and produced the same amount of airflow (according to my MAF).
Due to time constrants I wasn't able to properly port-match the .81 housing,
however I doubt that matters as the .70 housing that was on there before was
divided, and I have an undivided log manifold. Guess I need to hook up the
pressure gauge and take more readings.

Grant Beaty