[Diy_efi] New BMW 760, fuel pressure, direct inject

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 8 05:52:38 GMT 2003

At 10:59 PM 1/7/03 -0700, you wrote:
>>ie. Fuel pressure goes up by 50% results in much more than 50% more
>>flow so at max pressure it could achieve 20:1 to 50:1 dynamic range,
>
>NOPE !!

I realise that is not necessarily how its being done, but are you
also saying its impossible to achieve a log flow rate from an injector
designed that way for a linear change in fuel pressure ?

>For starts, you have it backwards. Doublng of pressure only will increase
>flow by a factor of 1.414 ! (Sq. root of 2).

Sorry to be pedantic, I never said an increase in pressure results in
a drop in flow-rate, so I dont have it backwards - I had it forwards
but not at the proportionality rate you report...

rgds

mike
I am not a pedant as I do not fit the precise description of one.