[Diy_efi] Tapping Metric Injector Threads

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 8 06:41:15 GMT 2003

At 07:32 PM 1/8/03 +1300, you wrote:
>> I think you mean 'Ally', the aluminium alloy in the
>> heads for my VL for example has traces of magnesium and
>> I think calcium... I've never heard anyone say 'Alloy' as
>> a euphemysim for Aluminium', its always been 'Ally' unless
>> the 'strine' is way way off !
>
>Pffftt.. Different countries.. Different words.. At least its not a
>'A-loom-in-im'
>Picky barstard! :)

hehe - Oh my dear an 'o' can make all the difference, factor of 10
yall hear ;-)

Yeah I hate the american corruption of 'english', hey did you see the
NBC news report where some (oz) bush bloke was describing tatoos on his
fathers skin, they used subtitles ! Struth, I could hear him right,
dont need no frickin sub-titles in american ;-)

>> But definitely not when honing bores...
>We used to hone the bores on the ships engines with kero.
<phew>
>Honing oil was deemed 'too expensive' when we we doing units weekly ;)

The phrase '..save the ship for a ha-penny worth of tar..' comes to
mind, wonder if their cost benefit analysis went far enough to lever
the oil versus the far shorter periods between rebuilds <sigh>

>From all I've heard over many years kero is a wonderful fluid for
keeping small particles trapped in the grooves left after honing,
far far better to use soapy water (yes) and compressed air - liberally !

rgds

mike