[Diy_efi] wireless data logging

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Wed Jan 8 18:23:03 GMT 2003

Anyone interested in wireless datalogging or telemetry might want to
check out the atmel AT86RF211.  I just scanned the data sheet and it
seems to be a single chip solution. digital data in, RF data out/RF data
in, digital data out.  Uses license free bands at 433, 868, 915 MHz.
Besides the microcontroller interface, it needs some antenna matching
circuitry, filters, and clocks.  Output power and other things are
controlled digitally by a register file inside the chip, programmed by
the microcontroller.  Data rates up to 64kbps.  I thought it was pretty
cool.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet