[Diy_efi] Water Injection (Injector Position) the Cosworth way

Axel Rietschin Axel_Rietschin at compuserve.com
Sun Jan 12 15:55:32 GMT 2003

From: "Mike" <erazmus at iinet.net.au>

> a. did they leak the approx value for the engine power ?

Unfortunately no, the "official" output is 300hp due to the 34mm intake
restrictor. Unrestricted engines as used in rallycross are in the 500+
range.

> b. did you see the rpm gauge redline perchance ?

The technical RPM limit is probably around 7500-8000 (The "previous"
Cosworth group A rally engine had its hard rev limiter set at 7800) but in
actual rallying most shifts are done between 5500 and 6000 rpm, you don't
get much boost above that due to the intake restrictor.

> c. I wonder if the water is chilled, peltier device hiding somewhere ?
> d. Any idea of the size/capacity of the water tank ?

Don't know, the engine was on a stand, without the turbo and all the inlets
were plugged, I could not see much more.

--Axel