[Diy_efi] RB26 GTR stuff

Hugh Keir hugh at sol.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 18:01:02 GMT 2003

Hi Bernd,

The OS Giken 3.0 kit is 86mm bore x 86mm stroke.

I am running with 8.5:1 compression, 260° inlet 10.25mm lift, 270°exhaust
10.25mm lift. The chambers are almost hemi with most of the squish
 removed - the jury is still out on that idea, ports are slightly enlarged
using standard valves. Jun offer a 1mm larger diameter inlet, but most
tuners stay with standard. Twin DIY-WB for fuel analysis.

Combustion chamber and exhaust ports are ceramic coated, but I don't know if
it's still hanging on. It didn't last on the tubular manifolds. I wrapped
them with heat tape when I changed the turbos.

Engine set-up just now is exhaust cam timing has zero offset at 115° and
inlet is 6° advanced at 104°.

I mis-quoted the compressor sizes in my earlier post.

The 2530, 2540 and GT-RS have a common turbine 76 Trim - 53.8 inducer / 47.0
exducer .64 A/R housing

Compressor housings are common at .6 A/R.

2530    has 63 Trim - 47.7mm  inducer x  60.1mm  exducer compressor
GT-RS has 52 Trim - 51.2 mm Inducer x  71.1mm  exducer compressor
2540    has 46 Trim - 51.7 mm Inducer x  76.2mm  exducer compressor

The wheels I fitted are the GT32 52 trim ones in your link, I also do not
know the effect of the .6 A/R housing, although I have cleaned up the
compressor outlet diameter which has taken them to 1.6" from 1.55" which by
my calculations takes the compressor housing A/R to .64.

Did some mapping yesterday and am getting the following. I have also made
the fuelling a bit richer on the GT-RS set-up in an attempt to get the
turbos to spool earlier. I am running higher boost, but the actuators are
starting to confuse the readings above these boost levels. I have also
reduced the spark plug gap to steady the RPM data log, with the only
noticeable affect is make the idle a bit lumpy, the trace is still erratic
when on boost.

Boost    2530       GT-RS

0.3        3019        3192
0.6        3521        3930
0.9        3787        4295
1.2        4071        4500
1.5        4400        4700

The 2530 set-up gave 600BHP on a Maha Rolling road at 1.2 bar, but the
turbos would only give 1.5 bar at 8000 RPM, I hope the GT-RS will give
1.8 or more at 8000 RPM.

Cheers
Hugh