[Diy_efi] RE: Throttling intake air -- references

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 15 17:04:59 GMT 2003

At 12:05 PM 15/1/2003 EST, you wrote:

>for all this conjecture why not go look at a chrysler draw thru system
???you
>have a Throttlebody then turbo then the engine. it keeps the turbo spooled
>quite nicely. and you wont have to worry about turbo backpressure. my 2cents
>cuase ive been watching this whole thing and shaking my head.

Sure, understand the head shake, I am not 'going for' anything in
particular and your comment is of interest, all I am saying is
that "...from a control systems perspective..." etc. I have seen one
or more draw through systems - no probs, will think on it, right
now I have a messy wastegate setup on my factory turbo which I might
be able to concieve of differently if fly-by-wire hardware were
available on my engine. Wasting exhaust implies a 'waste' and is
not congruent with control systems issues of which variable is
controlled and when...

rgds

mike