[Diy_efi] RE: Banjo Dis. Pic

Grant Beaty gbeaty at ufl.edu
Thu Jan 16 00:08:54 GMT 2003

> Notice how I never mentioned wastegate.  This could be a squirrel cage
fan,
> or any system that compresses air.  PV=nRT applies universally.  If you
want
> your intake manifold air temperature to be as low as it can be in order to
> achieve maximum air density, then you treat your intake air with kid
gloves
> so as not to heat it up.

Or you get a big fooking IC :) Most people record intake temps as low as
10-20F of ambient in street conditions and a large IC, with boost pressures
as high as 28 psi. Not sure what it gets heat-soaked to on the road course
though.

I know about the compressor effeciency stuff - that was my main argument
against the idea, especially because of surge...

Grant Beaty