[Diy_efi] WI, methanol, and corrosion

Grant Beaty gbeaty at ufl.edu
Thu Jan 23 20:27:28 GMT 2003

Some cars do not have plumbing room for a large front-mount intercooler.

My Supra has a Spearco FMIC rated at a 1.5 psi drop at something like
1100cfm. Most of the piping is 3". Now there is no way in hell a 3L engine
will flow that much, and I have an unmeasurably low pressure drop from the
turbo oulet to the intake manifold. From what little I understand of
airflow, pressure drop is proportional to velocity^2 times density, right?
Of course the velocity stays about the same (or goes down) with higher boost
pressures.

IAT is near ambient, but I'll take Alky and a bigass IC, please ;)

If I ever get this alky injection working, I'll post airflow #s with it on
and off, to see if the cooling really increases total flow.

Grant Beaty