[Diy_efi] turbo "throttling"

Erik Jacobs emj14 at columbia.edu
Fri Jan 24 19:02:27 GMT 2003

> My thoughts were to use a divided turbine housing and build a
> throttle body that could be used to route the exhaust gases
> to A) one side of the housing or B) both.  This should give you
> two AR's and thus allow a big turbo to be spooled up quickly.
> Does anyone see a flaw in this idea?

The AR wouldn't change, I don't think, depending on the entry to the turbo.
However this is based on my assumption that the housing is only divided at
the entry port.  If the housing is divided throughout its entirety (like the
whole 'conch' shell of the turbine housing has a division in it around the
impeller) then, yeah, you kinda have two AR's, but I don't think that's how
they work...?