[Diy_efi] WI into exhaust manifold....

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Wed Jan 29 09:19:09 GMT 2003

A piece of pipe into the exhaust manifold and some distance
from that any ordinary solenoid would be find. The pipe
from the solenoid provides some thermal relief - ie. You
dont need to mount any solenoid directly on the hot exhaust
as the time delay through a pipe of reasonable length would
be tolerable - say 200-300mm. I use a fuel flow cutoff solenoid
from the local parts agent, handles water or fuel (brass fittings)
but I use mine to vent air bubbles from the cooling system...

rgds

mike

At 02:30 PM 24/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>The recent discussion about WI injection into the exhaust manifold was
very interesting. I've been trying to think of something things to do my
thesis on and this might be it.  Before I go ahead and pitch it to my
advisor...I have one question. Can you guys think of anything that is
readily available to serve as the injector?