[Diy_efi] WI, methanol, and corrosion

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 21:37:58 GMT 2003

--- Derek <derek_obanion at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Explain please. The fact that the sensor tip is wet
> causes the readings to stick at around 26F why?

Wet bulb temperature: The lowest temperature that can
be obtained by evaporating water into the air at
constant pressure. The name comes from the technique
of putting a wet cloth over the bulb of a mercury
thermometer and then blowing air over the cloth until
the water evaporates. Since evaporation takes up heat,
the thermometer will cool to a lower temperature than
a thermometer with a dry bulb at the same time and
place. Wet bulb temperatures can be used along with
the dry bulb temperature to calculate dew point or
relative humidity

Sounds theoretically possible to me that there might
be a "shelf" temperature measured by a wet-bulb sensor
in an intake tract.  I can't quite wrap my head around
the math for it, though.  ;)

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |