[Diy_efi] Design of a simple LPG injection system

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 22:40:15 GMT 2003

-- Peter wrote:

> By the way I have a good friend who managers the
> quality assurance laboratoties for BOSCH Australia.
> If you are after info on Bosch ECU's I may be able
> to get some info from him.

Oh, God, would I ever.  ;)

I know that BMW has bought various Motronic systems
for their motorcycles from Bosch for many years.  BMW
is being mum on any information at all about their
systems, and in fact they don't even have standard
diagnostics in their shop manuals; they have a very
expesnive self-diagnostic computer that just tells the
tech what is wrong and what to do about it.  That
makes my job of writing about the methods, sensors,
mapping, and other details of the units very
difficult.

If you can find any information, pelase contact me
off-list, or at least upload the data to the archives,
but I would love to get my hands on ANY data regarding
the BMW motorcycle units.  Injector and sensor
ratings, map layouts or philosophy, major points of
"behavior" based on input from particular sensors,
pulse width calculation types (alpha n,
speed-density), and when they are called into
practice...  What conditions are required for
sqitching into closed-loop mode, ignition advance
modifiers (sensors, switched maps, etc.)...  Boy, do I
have a lot of questions about the Motronics!

Even if it's only to tell me that it is a particular
model of Motronic, for which I can find some details
in the car would, would be tremendously helpful to me.

Thanks, mate.  ;)

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |