[Diy_efi] Nonflammable Injector Test fluid ?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Tue Jul 1 04:13:10 GMT 2003

Hi chaps,

Has anyone ever determined a suitable non-flammable fluid which has
similar characteristics to petrol in respect of viscosity for such
things as atomisation and leak tests which is compatible with
fuel injection pumps etc ?

I have the last 2 years MS/DIY_EFI emails on my main machine but a search
doesnt find anything, well a 'normal'search for keywords related
to the subject <sigh>

Over here we have things like "X55" from Shell and "Injector
Calibration Fluid" from coventrys - both are flammable...

Rdgs

mike
Perth, WA