[Diy_efi] Newby questions: throttle body selection

Bruce McKenzie bruce at doublepup.com
Tue Jul 1 04:47:36 GMT 2003

I'm looking to inject my 1970 Saab 96, which runs a Ford (Taunus) V-4
(1.7L). I'm planning on using Megasquirt and making this a testbed so that
I can learn about conversions. My "main" project is injecting my 1973
Citroen SM (odd-fire 3.0 V6). That will probably not be Megasquirt.

But I'm stuck-ish on "mechanical" issues:

I have a manifold that mounts a single one-bbl FoMoCo (Ford) carb. I think
it's a 28mm or 32mm barrel.
I think I know what to do in selecting the injectors, but I'm kind of
puzzled about throttle body selection.
How do I guess what TB size?
Is it reasonable to pull the venturi out and plug up the holes and then use
the carb?

Can anyone suggest a reasonable place (on the web?) where I can find
new/used TBs? I'm in California (SF Bay Area) FWIW.

Thanks much for your time.

Bruce
---
Bruce J. McKenzie    |   bruce at doublepup.com    |   DoublePup Enterprises, Inc.