[Diy_efi] alpha-n

bill SHURVINTON bill at shurvinton.fsworld.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 21:19:51 GMT 2003

OR people who are too lazy to set up SD properly and so go alpha-n

The problems with highly modified setups with IR TB setups is that the MAP
signal tends to bounce around at idle. This can be cured by a number of
techniques. The other is that you can effectively reach a WOT situation at
less than full throttle (from a MAP perspective), but it is still handy to
be able to modulate power with AFR ( up to the limits of your engine YMMV).

Then you get turbos which are alpha-N plus boost (Ferrari).

It's all about picking the trade-offs that work for you.

Bill