[Diy_efi] PC-laptop based efi

Marcell Gal cell at x-dsl.hu
Mon Jul 7 08:45:36 GMT 2003

Hi,

 Brian Dessent wrote:
> Megasquirt is not sequential, it's got two driver channels, and I
> wouldn't expect that to be added any time in the near future.

right for the motorola-based megasquirt

> You may want to look into the efi332 project, I'm not sure what the
> current state of development is though.  It's a more complex design with
> a 32 bit embedded uC and C tool chain, etc.  Megasquirt was formed as an
> offshoot of efi332 as some people thought it would be better to have a
> scaled down project that would not try to be everything to everybody.

That is the beauty of the megasquirtavr. Hardwarewise
it's as simple as a megasquirt
(except it has a stepper-motor-driver, which you don't mount
if you don't need it): about 1/3 of the money
 and labor compared to building efi332.
Yet, because of it's powerful processor (atmel.com mega128) it can be
programmed in C, do sequential, provide signal for dummy ignition
or smart ign-module, drive LCD and still have plenty of resources left
for your own enhancements. (think of megasquirt, megaspark and
megaview functionality + more, but only one 2 sided 10x16 cm PCB)

http://caffrey.dk/megasquirt/
http://www.x-dsl.hu/genboard/

    Marcell