[Diy_efi] PC-laptop based efi

Marcell Gal cell at x-dsl.hu
Tue Jul 8 08:18:44 GMT 2003

Hi,

> You'd still have to hang a daughtercard off the AVRMS, just like the MS,
> to get more than 2 injector drivers.

yes, exactly. Also to the efi332. It's not apples and oranges, all are
efi systems that need external drivers to have 4 (or 8 or whatever)
 injector power-signals with seq operation. And
theoretically all are capable to drive them (and even spark).
The difference is the amount of programming you have to invest.
This determines the probabilty function of how fast and with how
much hardware you can achieve your goal.

> Now, if you want to start throwing around comparisons, how about the
> SPARKDOG against the AVRMS???  There's a cat fight if I ever saw one.

The Sparkdog is really amazing. For less than $400 that's a very nice system.
At current state, it is clearly much more of a product than msavr or
efi332 or even ms (which has an impressive set of docs thanx to
 Lance and others).
If you want something working fast, sparkdog is for you. (or you can buy
a car with efi, plenty out there, even faster, even less hassle, but
smaller playground, of course). If you want to play with the
code, have some nonstandard features (or use it for other controlling
tasks than efi), or connect an LCD display, msavr might suit you more.
http://www.x-dsl.hu/genboard/

Here is the Sparkdog site. Impressive.
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~jharm/

    Marcell

regarding seq inj I think Bill made the point that worths to repeat:
seq injection requires exact position signal and much tuning, and
even then you get almost nothing power-wise, and little (but measurable!)
emission and mileage-wise.