[Diy_efi] PC-laptop based efi

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Tue Jul 8 08:45:10 GMT 2003

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 10:06:24AM +0200, Marcell Gal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > You'd still have to hang a daughtercard off the AVRMS, just like the MS,
> > to get more than 2 injector drivers.
>
> yes, exactly. Also to the efi332. It's not apples and oranges, all are
> efi systems that need external drivers to have 4 (or 8 or whatever)
>  injector power-signals with seq operation. And

Not exactly.  The MS and AVRMS are designed with onboard drivers.  The 332
is designed with offboard drivers.  The difference is that the 332 has a
header exposed on the side of the chassis for connecting to the drivers.

With the MS or AVRMS, you have to hardwire in an expansion board.  The first
is by design, the latter is a hack.

All of this doesn't take into account that the TPU controls the drivers on
the 332, thus you have realtime microcode handling of signals.  The AVRMS
and MS use conventional capture/hold timers to do triggering.  The difference
is significant when you consider interrupt load for an application.

Sequential is moot, the real issue is individual PWM current control for more
than 2 channels.  This is of more importance than sequence.

>     Marcell
>
> regarding seq inj I think Bill made the point that worths to repeat:

Actually, that was Bruce.

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin