[Diy_efi] Engine real-time log file uploaded

Alexei Pavlov alexis.pavlov at st.com
Tue Jul 8 09:55:10 GMT 2003

R.E.Hiorns at IEE.org wrote:

> Thanks, Alex
>
> When you say RPM/MAP/MAF are averaged each half rev, do you men you
> changed the sample rate (eg average of 2 samples in gave only one out)
> or did you mean you ran a running average to smooth the results without
> changing the number of samples?

Sorry, it's actually not clear.
I take only one sample in place of all half-rev samples, then I filter
this resampled sequence and then write it into the log file.

In fact the original measures appear in my (not available to you)
logs on other channels (parameters). So when I do average calculation
I store the last (or first, don't remember) time stamp of the parameter
within the half-rev, compute the average and write just one value
for the entire half-rev at the time stamp that I stored.

I don't provide with initial measures because they make logs too
long to be sent through a 56K modem.

> I tried comparing MAP*RPM/(IAT+constant) to MAF. I don't get a straight
> line so assuming MAF and MAP are smart sensors (ie linear), IAT must be
> the non-linear bit (as thermistors often are!). Do you have a transfer
> function to get this into degrees or did I miss something?

I ment there is an obvious dependance, I've never said it's linear.
Nothing is linear with autoumotive sensors, except the MAP.
The IAT is the standard Bosch coolant or air temp sensor. I don't
have here the transfer f, I think it's simple to find one on the web
if you look for sensor troubleshootings (2.5K at 20 degrees).
The MAF isn't linear too, and its tranf f is unknown (it's exponential).

If you look at IAT values you'll see there is a ~1sec. delay between
MAF and IAT measures.

I've spent 3 months writting programs that are able to extract
3D maps from these logs. I'm curious to see whether someone else
will do the same and whether he/she will get the same results.
I'll probably post the maps, but not the programs :-)

Alexei