[Diy_efi] Venturi effect crankcase breather

Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com
Wed Jul 9 15:31:26 GMT 2003

In a message dated 7/9/03 2:38:11 AM Central Daylight Time,=20
espresso_doppio at yahoo.com writes:

Taught you what?  Incorrect information obout the
construction of remote reservoir shocks?

I don't see that my explanation of remote-res shocks was incorrect in any=20
way. Non-efi related, yes. But my point was to relate pressure (positive or=20
negative) to oil areation. You are right, there is no gas in the body of the=
 shocks=20
I use. But the pressure applied to the reservoir piston, in turn, places the=
=20
oil under pressure to reduce areation. Are you going to tell me that no=20
bubbles can form without a gas present?

  A "standard" shock has a sealed container that is
  partially filled with oil, and partially filled with
  something else (some form of gas).=A0=20

Is this not very similar to a crankcase? What would happen if we replaces=20
that "some form of gas" with a negative pressure?

My intention was to try to help clarify the question of pressure-areation=20
relation. Not to argue about how shocks work.

  Well, it did clear up where you got the idea that
  removing gas molecules from the vicinity of a liquid
  would cause MORE of those molecules to enter the
  liquid.=A0 Think about what you're saying for a minute
  there.=A0 The illogic should be quickly apparent.

I never said anything of the sort that I recall. But, thank you. My mouth=20
wasn't full enough before you started adding words.

Beau