[Diy_efi] Venturi effect crankcase breather

Matt Porritt porrittm at anet.co.nz
Thu Jul 10 06:31:07 GMT 2003

To put it simply for you:
'A' (ANY non force fed engine) 'sucks' on its inlet stroke right?
If into the inlet tract there is 2 paths to atmosphere (ie simple Y pipe)
then when the engine 'sucks' on its inlet stroke they will both have 'suck'
on them right?

If you put the crankcase breather one of these parts its gets 'suck' on it
also!
Not quite magic, but a vacuum gauge easily shows there is vacuum.

>Measured at the plenum?  If it's properly designed, it
> should barely register.

At idle it will register quite high actually

> Are you suggesting that car
> engines have a completely different set of dynamics
> from car engines?

No I'm not suggesting car engines have completely different sets of dynamics
from car engines...????